Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bruin Soccer Camp

Austin attended the Bruin soccer camp this year. I was a little nervous as it was Tuesday-Friday from 8:30am-11:00am and I thought I would have to make him go after the first couple of days. Boy did he surprise me! He would be the first one up in the morning, eat his breakfast, brush his teeth and get all ready without me having to ask. Not only was he doing soccer camp but he is still in the middle of his baseball season, so I was super impressed.
I kept asking Austin how camp was going and he would always have one word for me-"good". I didn't get much more out of him than that! The Junior Varsity and Varsity players were the coaches of the camp. The last day they scrimmaged. Here is Austin going up against one of his coaches.
He did tell me that they learned the "Ole'" song and sang it at the end of each day... I think. I know he had a good time and it was good for him to get out there and play with guys he hadn't played with before. He did know alot of the kids at camp, not that he would inform me as to who they were... boys are so different than girls!
One of Austin's friends that I do know and knew would be at camp was Mack. Austin gets nervous to start something new so I told him Mack would be there and that was enough to get him out to the field. Luckily for me they were in the same class. I'm sure that was one of the reasons he never complained about going!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Springers said...

You're so good to get pictures, and the pictures are really good... you are a great photographer! You'll have to share some tips! Shaye keeps singing the Ole' song as well, she really likes that!