Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kickin' it at the Kiddie Park!

As I mentioned, we finally took the kids (minus Avery) to the Kiddie Park. It was SUPER hot and humid, so we told the kids they could pick 3 rides each and then we would go get some treats and ride the train. Addie and AJ wanted to ride the little airplane, but when we got there AJ chickened out. Addie was more than happy to show her that there was nothing to be afraid of!
But Ashton still wasn't quite ready to try it herself, so we went over to watch Austin ride the rollercoaster. It was fun watching him ride all by himself- he had a blast. I remember when I thought that was such a big, fast ride. It was my favorite thing to do... I know that's how he feels too!After watching Addie and Austin ride their rides, Ashton was ready to try it herself. She did great on the airplane until at the very end when it jerked from up high to all the way down. It kind of freaked her out and she started crying. Luckily the ride was over anyway. Addie and Austin had gone over to ride the big airplanes while Ashton was riding the smaller one, so I didn't get a picture of them. But after, they all wanted to ride the carosel. However, Ashton was completely opposed to sitting on the horse by herself, as you can tell in this picture! So...I had to sit with her on the horse! I was so worried it wouldn't work with me on it! But as long as I was with her she enjoyed it.Austin, of course, enjoyed the whole thing. He wouldn't get off the horse until it completely stopped. He was really wanting it to stop at the top so his horse was taller than Addie's horse.Last year Addie was really timid on the carosel but she was excited to ride this time!Ashton still had one more ride to pick and she chose the cars. This time she did really great. Now that she was comfortable with the rides... we were done and ready for the train!The kids picked out their treat and we went over to ride the train. It was a fun... HOT, night and we were super worn out by the time the night was over.

One last picture on the train ride. It would have been nice if Randy mentioned my hair was in my face for this picture! :-) Oh well, I was too hot to care!

No comments: