Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Magic Kingdom- 1st attempt

All rested up and ready for some magic!! We headed to the right place... Magic Kingdom!! Awww.... now this is DisneyWorld! However, we were so tired the night before that we didn't get to the park at opening. The crowds were breathtaking! 10 out of 10 on the crowd level! It was madness! The sun was a little bright! But I'll just go ahead and tell you right now that my kids were amazing this whole week! I was so proud of them. Each one had their "moment", but Avery and Austin never complained about walking. And Addie and Ashton stayed in their double stroller (a godsend from our friends Tyler and Amanda Vaclaw!) so we were never concerned about losing our kids. That was my biggest concern leading up to this trip! We had barely gotten into the park and were taking pictures in front of Cinderella's castle when we realized that a parade was getting ready to start. We were in the right place at that right time! Front row to the parade! Here is Ashton seeing her favorite character for the first time... MINNIE MOUSE!! You can kind of see her tiny hand up in the air waving while she's holding her minnie.
Addie was in awe at all the characters that were coming down the street! We soon realized that this was what we really wanted to do. At one point they let us all go out onto the street and dance with everyone! After the parade, we stayed around again for some more pictures. We were still overwhelmed by the sight of the castle! And then a show began on the castle, so once again we got a great spot to see everything. We couldn't believe when all the princesses and prince came out and started dancing and singing songs from their movies.And the Disney characters were up there as well! This show was about dreams coming true. Peter Pan and his crew were in it too! It was so amazing and fun!When you think of DisneyWorld, you always think of the classic ride Dumbo.
But like I said, we didn't get here early so this line took about an hour to get through. Yes, it just goes around in a circle- but you have to do it!!Even now, when you ask the younger kids what their favorite ride was, they will tell you Dumbo! I don't know what it is about this elephant, but he sure has an impact!While we were waiting in line for Dumbo, Randy and Avery went and got fast passes for Winnie the Pooh. After Dumbo, we headed over to a super cool 3-D movie, Mickey's PhilharMagic! I loved it!Addie was the one who wouldn't leave her glasses on in this one, but Ashton sat on my lap with her glasses on the whole time! Such a cute show... I would highly recommend it.Next we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean. Another long line but the kids really enjoyed it. Randy was going to let Austin get his face painted like the pirates, but they closed right when they got there. Classic picture! Ashton fell asleep on the way to the Pirates of the Caribbean, so she and I stayed outside so she could get some sleep. I parked in the sun next to a little house-like building.Next thing I knew, Captain Jack Sparrow came out to do a little show! Once again I was in the right place at the right time! Front row!The kids came and found me so they got to see the show from up close too. Austin got this cool Mickey hat in the shop right after the ride.Next ride, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh! I was sure glad we had fast passes! Luckily Randy and I are so much alike! Our idea of DisneyWorld wasn't to get everything in, but to have fun at what we did get to do. This day was super overwhelming with the crowds and lines. We were ready to go after this. But there was one more show we wanted to get in...A Christmas show at Cinderella's castle with Mickey, Minnie and gang!On our way to Magic Kingdom, we took a bus. But we thought we would try the ferry boat on the way back.
We had a great day, Ashton got a nap in (and Addie was taking a nap in the stroller now). We were all ready to go back to the hotel! Actually, we hit up Outback Steakhouse after this day if I remember correctly!
Exhausted, but still smiling! A great way to describe each day at DisneyWorld!

No comments: