
This year, we surprised the kids with a trip to DisneyWorld for Christmas! We have been debating for a long time when we should go. We wanted all the kids to have fun and be old enough to remember it! We finally decided this was the year. Randy and I had never been to DisneyWorld, so we were just as excited. We both did DisneyLand when we were kids, but this was my first trip to Florida. Randy had a work trip to Orlando a couple years ago but I had just had Ashton and so I didn't tag along that time.

The kids were such troopers! We had to get up at 3:30am to make our flight out of Tulsa. I was so nervous about our flight change in Atlanta but the kids did great! We had no layovers either way... we hopped off our planes, took the monorail (which the kids loved) and got to our next gate in time to board. Perfect!

When we got to Orlando, we rented a car, dropped our stuff off at the hotel and headed straight to DisneyWorld! We wanted to make the most of our days.

We started our Disney experience at EPCOT. We knew this park was geared more to the older kids and since we only had half a day we thought it would be a great place to get started.

We couldn't believe Daisy was standing right at the front! We were so excited to grab this picture with her!! A great welcome to DisneyWorld!

Our first building we entered was geared toward the old show on Disney Channel, Kim Possible. Avery and Austin used to watch that all the time. There was a game show we attended, which Austin and Addison were asked to participate in. They had to see who could build the biggest tower. As you can see, Austin and Addie's team won! The other team had a bigger tower but it fell down at the last second.

And then they asked Avery and I up to participate! Avery was to attach as many animals onto me as she could in a certain amount of time. I believe we tied with the other team. It was a lot of fun.

So one of the first things I learned when I got to DisneyWorld was just how big my kids are getting! I thought Austin was barely going to pass all height restrictions, but it was Addie who was passing almost all height restrictions! She was able to go on the Soarin' ride (which was so much fun!). The other thing I learned is that Addie will try it all, she isn't afraid! Austin was also more daring than I realized! And it was Avery who was more timid and we had to push to try all rides at least once! The kids are standing in front of The Seas with Nemo and Friends ride. That was fun too!

So, like I said, Austin and Addie had no fear. They took Randy on the Test Track ride... and loved it! Ashton of course wasn't old enough so Avery stayed with me to wait for them to get done.

It was getting late, and we were tired from our long day of traveling, but we passed through some of the countries on our way out. This will be one place we will spend more time at when the kids are a little older and appreciate that stuff a bit more. But all we could think about was getting some sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment