Sunday, July 24, 2011

2nd Annual Brian Buttars Memorial Golf Tournament

I'm so excited that Randy and the Buttars have decided to make the Brian Buttars Memorial Golf Tournament an annual event. Sadly, I wasn't able to make it up there this year. We just have had so much going on with building our house that it didn't work out, but we made sure Randy was there! Once again, he said it was an amazing day! They had another full turn-out with so many people saying it was the best tournament they've ever played at. This was the picture Randy sent me on the day of the tournament from his phone. Another neat touch was that they had Brian's truck which he loved out on the driving range. It's never going to be easy to be without Brian, but it sure helps to be around so many people who also knew and loved him. I'm hoping to make it next year!
Here's the other picture I received from Randy's phone! Definitely a highlight of his trip!! It was the day before the tournament and Randy was out at the golf course setting up. A man came into the clubhouse having trouble getting some range balls. Randy looked over and saw President Henry B. Eyring, a member of the 1st Presidency of our church. He told his friends that it was President Eyring but no one believed him. As they were driving away he called me and told me he saw him. He was sure it was him because he saw his wife in the car, googled her, and it was the same lady! I told him he had to go back, so he and Russ Madsen turned back around. It's not everyday that an Oklahoma kid gets to visit with a member of the 1st Presidency! Russ actually gave President Eyring a few tips which helped his swing. It was a great trip and we are both looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Annie said...

So cool that you got to see Pres. Eyring! I know you're not supposed to have favorites, but his talks always reach me in a way that others don't. Love Pres. Eyring!