Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ashton!

Ashton was okay sharing her birthday with the baseball team because she knew that she was going to have a birthday party later that week!
We had her birthday party at the Sooner Splash Pad. It's a fun little water park in our town that's actually walking distance from Randy's parents house. Avery and MaryKate made sure to keep the water going by putting their hands over the starter!
A lot of Ashton's friends have older siblings that are her siblings age, so it worked out well that everyone had a friend to play with. Addie had both Ellie...
and Evie there to play with. But they are also Ashton's friends as they all play together! There aren't a whole lot of kids Ashton's age, most of them are a year younger or older, but she loves them all!
Sam is probably closest to Ashton's age, but look at the size difference! I think he's four months older but he's tall for his age and AJ is short! But she loves her Sam!
This party was actually supposed to be a few days before the baseball tournament. We haven't had any rain all summer, but the day of her party it rained! So we postponed it to the following week. Addison Revard is giving me her sweet "cheese" smile!
It was great having the older kids there to help with the younger ones! Addie and Ellie are playing ring-around-the-rosie with Kate Hubbard.
Ashton was playing "older kid" to her cousin, Taylor. I love this picture of Ashton taking Taylor into the water! Not that she needed help, Taylor was in love with this place!
We also had popsicles and bottled water to help cool off. Austin and Tanner enjoyed that!
So did Kate!
And it looks like Taylor probably had a blue popsicle from the looks of her face!


Ashton couldn't wait to turn three! She has been talking about it all summer! She is such a sweet little girl that I have enjoyed watching grow up.

She got a lot of really great gifts from some great friends! I love the expressions of the girls in this picture! Happy Birthday Ashton! I love you so much. You bring so much joy into my life and I can't imagine my life without you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! I had so much fun with AJ when we were there for the Fourth. She has the funniest little sense of humor! You and Randy are very blessed to have such wonderful kids! :)

Springers said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! What a fun party at the splash pad! Looks like everyone had a blast!