Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!!

Happy Fourth of July!! July 4th is always a fun holiday for us! Being friends of the Vaclaw's, you can't help but look forward to this holiday! I believe this was their 7th annual firework show, and I believe we've attended every one!They've been doing t-shirts for the family for a few years now, but this year they sold them to everyone. It was actually a lot easier than trying to find red, white and blue outfits! Of course being all decked out, we had to grab a few shots! They have this great old barn that became a great backdrop! :)With, of course, our grand ole' flag! A new touch they threw in this year was after the Pledge of Alligiance while the National Anthem was being sung, they flew mini American flag hot-air balloons. There were probably 8 to 10 of them, it was very cool and a great touch! Addie and Ashton stuck around for a few extra pictures. Good girls!! :)
Of course going out to the Vaclaw's Firework show always includes lots and lots of friends! Each year the number of viewers grow and grow. Here is Ashton with our sweet little Kate Hubbard! Everyone kept saying how much Kate looks like Ashton. I babysat Kate for a year or so, so I always say it was because we hung out so much together!Here is Addie with her friend Ellie Christiansen...Austin and Mack Vaclaw...And Avery with MaryKate Vaclaw!We were so excited this year because Ricky, Anne and their family came over from Arkansas! We love and miss our cousins! We are so glad that they are back in Arkansas so we are a little closer! Here is Tyler with Addie.And look at these cute girls! Rachel, Taylor and Avery.And our spunky boys: Tyler, Austin, Tanner and Drew! It was great for Austin to have so many boys around!!We had so much fun hanging with Ricky and Anne! We went to Tulsa one day, went and visited Ryan and Jessica, went out to lunch, and while the boys were golfing Anne and I took the kids swimming. Bubba and Jenny also came up from Houston to hang out with the family! Jenny's family lives in town so I totally sympathize with them because I know how it is trying to fit both families into the small amount of time they were in town! But we enjoyed what time we did get! And I'm so happy to say that Bubba finally proposed and Jenny will soon be my new sister-in-law!! She's such a sweetheart! And of course we have enjoyed seeing Julie and her family lots and lots right now as we are living with Randy's parents while our house is being built. The girls! :)
Now, back to the firework show! It was amazing! Somehow they get better and better each year, even though I leave each year thinking they just can't get any better!
We are up so close that it gets pretty loud, but there is also great music playing while the firework show is going off. My favorite song each year is Toby Keith's Red, White and Blue song. After the show, we always hang around and chat for a while. The parking lot is crazy with hundreds of people all trying to leave at the same time. This year there were two entrances/exits, but it was still headlights as far as the eye could see! So Avery found Izzy Vaclaw to talk to for a while...
and Austin found Logan Vaclaw.
A big standing ovation for the boys who put it together every year!! Randy has really enjoyed being one of the boys who gets to set off the fireworks. Look how sweaty he and Tyler Vaclaw are! It's hard work!! I don't know if you can read the shirts, but it says "For Truth, Justice, & Blowing Things Up". Very well put!! But what was even more fun was the back of the shirts for those who were part of the crew...


Hope everyone had a fun, safe, fourth of July with friends and family!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

This really makes me miss B'ville! I was trying to get a closer look at the t-shirts - does it say "for truth, justice, and blowing things up?" :)