Friday, April 10, 2009

Avery's Baptism

 
I can't believe Avery is eight years old. In our church, when you turn eight years old you have the opportunity to choose to be baptized. Avery couldn't wait for this day, she was so excited!
 
Avery's Nana (my mom) made her baptismal dress. She looked like an angel. My mom spoke on the subject of baptism and Randy's mom spoke on the subject of the Holy Ghost. It was very special to have both grandma's there to be part of the program.
 
Needless to say, Randy and I were very proud of Avery and her decision. We love her so much and feel very blessed to have her as our daughter.
 
I always tell Avery that there was a reason why she was born first. She is such a big helper and such a great example to her brother and sisters. They really look up to her. Austin was very proud of her, he kept asking if she could get baptized again. Once he realized you only get baptized once, he couldn't wait for his turn. We had a lot of family and friends come from near and far. I know it really meant a lot to Avery to have all the support!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anne said...

Congrats Avery! You made a great choice. Love, Aunt Anne