Friday, January 1, 2010

Just One More Time by Kelli Buttars

Jordan's wife, Kelli, wrote an amazing poem for Brian that Jordan read at the funeral. The funeral was actually held on Jordan's birthday. He did an amazing job... I don't know if I could have spoke at my brothers funeral. He said everything that he needed to, and I know Brian was so proud of him that day.

Just One More Time

Just one more time,
around the lake.
"I've got to jump,
across the wake."

Just one more time,
play with your son.
"I love you Dad,
you're so much fun."

Just one more time,
push Hallie slow.
"Hold the bike,
and don't let go."

Just one more time,
let me, your mom,
clean that cut,
and kiss it gone.

Just one more time,
before you go.
"Kiss me, your wife,
just so I know."

Just one more time,
around the track.
"I love to ride,
I'll be right back."

Just one more time,
explain to me.
"Our brother, My son,
it cannot be."

Just one more day,
is all we ask.
"To say goodbye
a daunting task."

Just one more time,
give us Your peace.
"We pray one day,
this pain will cease."

Just one more time,
we'll stay with you.
"We love you, Brian,
and miss you too."

Just one last time,
Brian, go to Him.
"His light is here,
and will not dim."

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: