Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Swimming Lessons

The YMCA was having a special promotion this year for kids going into the second grade to have one free session of swimming lessons! Luckily for us, Austin is going into second grade! I wasn't sure what class to put him in because the classes are different than at ConocoPhillips, but they said they would evaluate on the first day and put them where they needed to go. I was a little worried when I saw what they were doing their first day, but they kept him where he was and I think it really challenged him to do better. Here he is doing the breaststroke.
I have to tell on myself. I got in trouble for taking these two pictures of Austin. I guess you're not supposed to take pictures in the Y, even if it's your own kid. I was talking to one of my friends and I just can't believe how bad the world has gotten. It was just a few years ago that I was taking pictures of Avery and Austin with my camera AND video camera of their swimming lessons and in these few short years you can't even do that anymore.
So after my incident at the Y, I was really worried about having my camera at Addie's swimming lessons. I hurried and took one picture of her and then put my camera away! Addie is a starfish and she did so good this session! I was so proud of her. It amazes me how different kids can be from one summer to the next even though we never practice between summers! Addie has been the most timid of all my kids with the water but she had some great teachers and really learned a lot. I have Austin and Addie in one more session of swimming lessons- this time they will both be a ConocoPhillips. We'll see... maybe I'll be brave and bring my camera!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Springers said...

That must really be a new policy at the Y, because we didn't have that before I left there. I suppose in the pool it makes sense. Sounds like they are great swimmers!