Monday, November 4, 2013

Hollywood Studios at Disney World!


So excited to be off for Disney World again!!  I have to say, the first time we went I figured we would be back in 5 years.  But we couldn't stay away!

The kids were so excited to be back on an airplane again!  Our limit is about 10 hrs in a car.  Once you pass that point, we are flying!  Not because the kids are bad, because they do great in the car.  But neither Randy or I enjoy driving long distances.    

The reason we couldn't wait 5 years to go back?  Ashton was already saying that she didn't remember any of it!  I knew last time she couldn't ride all the rides but I thought for sure she would remember Disney.  It was too much for Randy to handle... we HAD to go back!

 Welcome Home!!  That's what this sign feels like to me.  There's just something magical about getting to this point, it brings all the excitement back.  Even for us old folk!

Mike and Sully were there to greet us into the park!  We tried a different kind of shirt arrangement this time.  Last time we did Disney shirts but they didn't really wear them once we got home.  We went a little more practical.  First day we were in our OU shirts!

 We started with our absolute favorite park at Disney World... Hollywood Studios!!  Tower of Terror is my favorite ride.  Not all of my family feels the same way about that ride, but they all have favorite rides and they all seem to be at this park as well!

 One of those favorite rides is Toy Story Mania!  A whole family favorite!  We started here and grabbed a Fast Pass so we could come back again.  We knew this was one we definitely wanted to do more than once but the lines for this ride are crazy!

 Our family loves competition... so we always compete to see who has the most points at the end of this ride.  Randy won every time, but some of us weren't so far behind!

 Next we hurried over to watch Beauty and the Beast.  We wanted to make sure we got good seats!

This is such an amazing show and we were all excited to see it again!

 Lots of time for pictures!  Had to throw this one in as well as it is me and my twin!  As least that's what so many people said.  Avery and I have the same shirt on and I guess we are starting to look alike!  I could only hope to be as pretty as she is!

 The show did not disappoint!  Well worth the wait and one of our favorite shows at Disney World!

 Next up, and amazing car show!!  Rock on!!

 There was even a special guest appearance from Lightning McQueen!  Super cool!!  They showed us how they do all the car chases on film, we loved it!  I actually don't think we got to see this last time so I'm really glad we took the time to experience it this time!

 Time to use our Fast Passes!  Woohoo!  Love this ride.  Randy and I are still kids at heart!

It's fun to walk through the line and see all the old toys that we use to play with while we were growing up.  I was never good at Etch-A-Sketch!

 So darn cute!!

They've got their 3D glasses on and ready to try and beat Dad... didn't quite make it but there will come a day!    

 Addie is actually our most timid rider.  This was her one and only ride on Tower of Terror!  We should have saved this ride for later!  She had a hard time riding anymore rides after this!

 This was a fun Star Wars ride that we also experienced for the first time!  It's one of those rides that doesn't go anywhere but you have your 3D glasses on and we feel like you are flying through space.  It was a blast.

 Like I said, Addie was unsure of any ride by this point!  Look at her scared face!!  Ashton is taking care of her!  It took some coaxing to get her on this ride but after it was over she liked it!

 Took a little break from the rides for some American Idol!  Avery is the biggest fan in our family for this show.  

 Then it was off for more fun... Rockin' Roller Coaster!!  I believe Addie took this picture.  We told her she couldn't be in the picture if she didn't ride and she was ok with that!  But hopefully next time we can talk her in to riding with us!  This was the only ride in the park Ashton was too small to ride.


No comments: