
This is one of those pictures I've always wanted to take also.... The Reflecting Pool with the Lincoln Memorial in the background. It's awesome because you know what's right behind those pillars and yet you can't see him. I was so anxious to get there. This was the highlight for me!

And though you can't see him in the picture, this was when I could first get a glimpse of Lincoln. And it was also when I first noticed how steep the stairs were! I had a great
exercise this day! I wish I had one of those step counters because I would have loved to have known how many steps I had taken this day!

He here is... in all his grandeur! This statue is 19 feet high.

I loved this saying above Abraham Lincoln, he has always been my favorite President. On the north and south sides of the building were quotes in the walls like this of his Gettysburg Address and his Second Inaugural Address.

While I was standing there a lady asked me if I would take a picture of her and her family... and then offered to take a picture of me. I was very happy as I usually don't just take pictures of things... I like them to be more personable.
No comments:
Post a Comment