Friday, November 19, 2010

Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum

So, Randy's group was attending a private evening at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. This was one of those nights that I would be alone and had planned on just hanging out at the hotel. Randy was so sweet and asked around to see if there was anyone not attending so that I could go with him. Luckily we were in one of the first buses, so as soon as we got off we headed back to the simulators. Randy and I got to ride together. He drove our plane and I shot at the bad guys. Oh man, it was fun and crazy! Randy had us completely upside down! He only found two planes to shoot at, but I hit them both! I was glad we did this first before we ate!
There was food set up all over the museum! We found a table close to this space exhibit. Very cool.After dinner we headed into the IMAX theatre to watch a show called "To Fly!" I believe. We didn't realize what exactly we were going to be seeing. This was something we should have watched before eating too! The movie was about the first flights and on to now if I remember correctly. Randy and I closed our eyes through a lot of it because it was making us sick. Just when we thought we couldn't take it anymore, it was over! It was cool for a while, but too long.After the show, we decided to take a look around the museum. This museum maintains the largest collection of historic air and spacecraft in the world! There was so much to see! Of course Amelia Earhart has always been a particular favorite of mine.
Randy was on the look-out for Wiley Post. We found a plaque about him, but I didn't take a picture of it. Here is Randy taking a look inside this double-decker plane. They had lots of fun things like this around.So for me to go, I had to get someones pass that was attending the convention. For the night, my name was "Bonita". That was kind of fun, I liked saying it with an accent! Even though I was tired from my full day, I was really glad that Randy thought of me and found a way that I could spend the evening with him. He was so cute, on our bus ride back to the hotel he said he didn't know who he would have hung out with if I hadn't gone. My sweet best friend forever!

No comments: