Friday, November 19, 2010

The White House


So after the Lincoln Memorial, I sat on the stairs and got out my trusty old map. Next destination, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. It was a pretty good walk, but another beautiful fall day! And one more sight that I've always wanted to see for my own eyes!For a while, I was wondering if I was going the right way. I'd always imagined the White House as being off on its own land somewhere. I kept walking along all these old buildings with all the hustle and bustle of people in a big hurry. A lot of the buildings had security that scanned the people on their way in and out. And then all of a sudden I took a turn and there it was! At first I was nervous to walk up to the fence! I didn't know if I would get in trouble for getting so close!But as you can tell, I warmed up to the idea and stuck my camera in between the fence and took this picture. There were a few protestors around, which I had forgotten that I might encounter. But for the most part it wasn't too crowded, I think the President was still out of the country on this day.Again, someone asked me to take their picture so I got the courage up to see if they would take my picture too! What a full day! I was so tired! I spent a little time down the street in the White House Visitor Center, and then headed back to the Old Post Office to catch the shuttle and grab a nap! Randy had gotten me someones pass so that I could attend the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum that night with his group so I needed to get some energy for a long night!

No comments: