Thursday, November 18, 2010

Venturing out in Maryland

I forgot to mention that Randy came back in the middle of the day... before my nap! We decided to venture outside of our huge hotel and see what was around us. I guess our hotel was built 4 years ago and at the time, it was the only thing around. Now, there are at least 3 more hotels down there and they are starting to get lots of shops. Still a lot of "coming soon" signs in store windows, but it was a great area.While we were walking around, I noticed this hand sticking out of the ground down by the river. Yes, the one that looks like it is scratching Randy's head! I did that on purpose! Randy was in a hurry to get back to class at this time, but we hurried to find out exactly what it was.There was a nice little sand area with this guy halfway buried in the sand. I guess the statue was called "The Awakening". It was moved here from another area, I can't remember. But it was pretty cool.Here's his foot next to these great yachts. I forgot to mention that you could take a water taxi from our hotel to different areas around DC and Virginia.
After dinner, we sat around anxiously waiting for the water show. Randy looks real anxious, huh. They had a couple different shows, it never got old.
One of the water shows went along to patriotic music. It was very cool.
It was definitely a highlight of every night we were there.
Another show was more classical. I can't remember if I took this one from our balcony or from the upstairs lobby. The colors were so fun!

No comments: