
So next in line as I'm walking down the National Mall is the World War II Memorial. I was told that this was the newest of the Memorials... but I don't know when it was built. I was there two days before Veterans Day, so there were a lot of men there with their WWII hats and jackets on. It was neat to be there with them.

There were two big Pavilions, this one represented the Pacific Oceans, and smaller pillars with wreaths representing the states and other countries involved in the war.

Here are Utah and Idaho's pillars... two states that I have lived in and attended college at.

And across from the Pacific was of course the Atlantic Pavilion.

And my beautiful state of Oklahoma!

This was the view of the Lincoln Memorial from the WWII Memorial. I was so excited to continue on my journey to see Lincoln. I have to admit I was most excited to see him!
No comments:
Post a Comment